1

But if you fall in love with a Kiwi...

Posted on poniedziałek, 22 sierpnia 2011

Then I'll call you crazy! Usually people meet, they start dating, spending time together, more time together, they move in, get married, have kids and then they die... (other options also possible). In really-long distance relationship things go quite differently. When I met my boyfriend I knew he is a great guy but I had had no expectations...obviously! When he came back home and we stayed in touch I was mad that a guy like that lives on the other side of the world otherwise I could give it a chance. So actually first few months I was just trying to fight the attraction because there was no point. I'm smart enough to know that relationships like that never lasts. Mostly due to short time spent together, no daily life problems, tiredness of phone/skype calls and the time zones, no physical contact. But I guess one stubborn and amazing Kiwi boy and one crazy Polish girl are needed and everything could be sorted out. It's just requires people to be extra patient, decided and brave. The whole moving thing is for me a little bit like bungee jumping- I know I'd like it, I know nothing bad would happen and I know that I'd like to repeat it...but I also know that if nobody is there to push me I would never decide to jump.So now I'm at the edge, facing it and getting cold feet. I have my run-away instinct on. But hey! I'm ready to jump!!!!

1 Comment

Discussion

  1. Hi Marta!

    I've come accross your blog a while ago via P&L group on Facebook and so far I've loved all your posts and I cannot wait to hear more news about your move and new chapter of life!! It's a really amazing story about you two and I'd love to hear how you two actually met up and how long have you known each other before you decided to move accross the world...My Brazilian pal just moved to Germany to live with her German boyfriend and their story is very interesting too and happens really fast! People like you give me hope that there is such a thing as TRUE LOVE which makes all things possible in this world. Good luck with "jumping" and keep us posted about your upcoming adventures!

    Greetings from Slovenia,
    Maja

    OdpowiedzUsuń